Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination: A Memoir

An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination: A MemoirAn Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination: A Memoir by Elizabeth McCracken

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I laughed while reading this. Yes. I laughed out loud while reading a book about someone's miscarriage. I'm not a cold-hearted uncaring person. But, Ms. McCracken's recount of her sad loss includes the ups and downs of a pregnancy in an alien land, rural French countryside. The great anticipation and the unconditional love an expectant mother felt are clearly captured. However, I was anxious while reading the book because there was no surprise that the most heartbreaking end will come.

I'm sure mothers everywhere worried about their unborn child during those nine long months. For me, the thought "what if I did this, it could harm her like that...." An Exact Replica extend that worry to the umpteenth level. Ms. McCracken continued to ask herself, "did I do this, and my baby died." Where can one go from there? Ms. McCracken laid out how she's coping in this funny sad book.

[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment