Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm someone's Mom!

I know I'm a mom.  My little girl is over 2 years old.  But, it dawned on me again in the last few days, that I'm someone's mother.  Animal mothers on the nature shows always sacrifice to protect their offspring.  They hunt, they kill, they starve just so their little ones are fed, protected, and thrive.

Since I'm a human mother living in the suburbs surrounded by SUVs and supermarkets, I don't have to hunt, kill, or starve to make sure my offspring is nourished.  Still, I felt what it meant to be a mother animal.

One day, I was sharing a chicken noodle soup from a can with my girl.  There are limited pieces of chickens and carrots (the good stuff).  She loves the chicken and the carrots.  The noodles, not so much.  So, I picked out all the chicken and the carrots for her.  I ended up with just the noodle and soup.

On pizza night, I give up the sausage and pepperoni because she loves those.  Instead of a pizza with the works, I get plain pizza after she picks out all the meat.

These are just little things compared to taking down a gazelle.  But, now it's chicken and sausages.  Later, what else?  However, I gladly do this and any other sacrifices I have to make, because I love my little girl.

[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment