Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Sweet Relief of Missing Children

The Sweet Relief of Missing ChildrenThe Sweet Relief of Missing Children by Sarah Braunstein

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm still deciding if I really like the book or annoyed by it. What I like about it is the raw look at being passive and not doing anything. We are all told that children can be anyone and everyone. But, in real life, usually nothing happens. Children grow up. We all become adults with pedestrian lives. Many don't become astronauts, doctors, or Indian chiefs. We all go through our lives passively.

However, I'm annoyed by the transition between characters and time. I devoted too much of my intellectual capacity trying to remember and decipher the characters and how they are related. And the non-linear time progression from one chapter to another taxed my patience. I wished for more linear and simple transition from character to character and chapter to chapter.


[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment