Monday, March 21, 2011

Big Girl Bed

My little girl is not so little anymore. Granted, she's still only 2 and some months, but she has graduated out of her crib. Instead of putting her in a toddler bed, I went ahead and got her a full sized bed. She is tiny compared to the adult-sized bed. Her small body is lost in the pile of pillows and down blanket.

I anticipated difficulty, revolt, nighttime wandering. Instead, she love her bed from day one. She's fully aware that it is her bed, her space. I'm pretty sure she's aware that a bed without bars is a sign that she's not a baby anymore.

I now give her a good night kisses without having to bend over crib railings. She says good night to me and tells me bye-bye to leave her room. She wants to spend alone time on her bed by herself. Looking at her in her own space just shocks me into recognizing how fast my little nugget is growing. Less than 2 years ago, she was barely wiggling on her tummy. Now? Now I have to let her be her own person. Too soon.

[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment