Monday, August 22, 2011

Stealing Mona Lisa: A Mystery

Stealing Mona Lisa: A MysteryStealing Mona Lisa: A Mystery by Carson Morton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was happily surprised that how much I enjoyed this book. This period novel built around the events surrounding the theft of the Mona Lisa in the Louvre. Some of the events and personalities in the novel were directly from the true event. Other characters were made up for artistic enhancements. The author also move other events in that time period to create drama in the novel.
I'm willing to give the author's artistic liberty because the plot works. It was entertaining and still somewhat educational. I didn't know that the Mona Lisa was ever stolen or that there was a great flood in Paris in the early 1900s. "Stealing Mona Lisa" was a entertaining read.



[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment