Monday, September 1, 2008

Journey, Heart, and Cheap Trick at Bethel Woods

[album=10,compact]

I finally re-lived my teenage years.  Evan and I went to a concert at Bethel Woods (the original Woodstock concert location).  

My friends and I use to dress up and lip-sync to Heart songs when we were 13 or 14 years old.  We collected magazine articles and stayed up late to watch Heart videos.  It was before the Internet, getting access to information on a band was not that easy.  Heart did all their great stuff, Barracuda, Alone, Never, and more.  They were awesome.  

I wasn't that into Journey when I was younger.  I knew couple of their songs.  But the story of the Journey's new singer is like the movie "Rock Star".  The band found him on YouTube singing Journey songs.  They auditioned him and apparently he was so good that they took him on as the lead singer.  I thought he sounds like Steven Perry.  He didn't quite have the presence, but it was still entertainng.

 

[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment