Sunday, September 14, 2008

I was offered a seat

I was moved by a simple action by a fellow New Yorker.   It was raining pretty hard this past Friday.  So, Evan and I took the subway to Grand Central from work instead of walking.  The train ride is short, only 2 stops.  Evan and I stood in the train like usual since it was only 2 stops away.  As the train door closed and I grab hold of the pole to steady myself.  A young lady offer me her seat.  I kindly refused since I will be getting off the train very soon anyway.  I was touched by her simple gesture.  

I didn't think I was that pregnant to warrant someone offering me a seat, since I still walk from Grand Central to the office everyday, which is about half a mile away.  But, I guess at 8 months, I'm very pregnant in other people's eyes.

 

[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment