Monday, August 25, 2008

Unexpected Root Canal

I woke up this morning with a terrible toothache.  I thought I was grinding my teeth durng the night.  As the day wore on, the pain continued.  After couple of hours at work, the pain was unbearable.  I relented and called my dentist, who was on vacation.  Luckily, his replacement can see me today. 

I went, thinking that they'll look, and give me antibiotics and send me on my way.  After some poking and prodding, the dentist informed me that I need a root canal because the nerve is shot.  I thought, root canal?  When will I have time for that.  That question was answer quick, the dentist started prepping me.  An hour later, I had a root canal.  He sent me away with prescriptions for antibiotics and vicadin. 

I guess if I'm going to have to have a root canal, an unexpected and surprise one is better than one that I have to plan for.  I didn't have a chance to worry and stress out about it.  Now that the novacaine is wearing off, my tooth is just slightly uncomfortable.  Otherwise, I think the ordeal will end fine.

 

[ad#orbitz-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment