Friday, September 5, 2008

Google Chrome

I downloaded Google's new brower, Chrome for a test drive.  After four days of using it on my old work computer running XP and home laptop running Vista, I'm impressed.  I really like the lightweight and simple interface.  The browser started within seconds of me double clicking the short-cut on my desktop.  Compared to IE 7 and FF3, Chrome is very speedy on start.  I only encountered couple of problems with Chrome.  It didn't work so well when I tried to use it to log into my work computer from home using logmein.com's tool.  Other than that, all the other sites like facebook, cnn, google, wsj, etc. all worked well.

IE 7 and FF3 have been giving me problems for months now.  FF3 crashes every time I tried to quit the program.  And it bogged down my computer.  FF3 would dragged the entire computer down after about a cuple of hours of usage.  IE is just as bad.  I could get Flash to work after IE recommend that I restart the browser.  I installed and re-installed Flash several times and still nothing.  Very frustrating.  I don't want to spend hours at work trying to fix something as silly as that.

Chrome worked great, lightweight, I have no complaints.

 

[ad#amazon-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment