Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Children and Parents

[album=7,compact]

Evan and I attended the first birthday for the son of our good friends, Myhong and Man. The party was attended by many of my friends whom I've known since high school. I haven't seen many of them in ages and it was great to see all of them again. I also haven't seen many of their children. Seems like everyone came with a baby. I, being a few months pregnant, am definitely the "newbie" in the crowd.

Looking across the room filled with people that I've known for nearly half of my life was revealing. I remember the teenage us, what school will we attend? The college us, we were unsure of our future but full of aspirations. The young professional us; the world was in ours to explore. Now, the parent us. Strollers replaced the ever-present backpacks 15 years ago. Small bundles of young lives absorbed our attention instead of the latest movie, bar, or restaurant. Our lives evolved. My pregnancy made me feel part of this evolution instead of wanting to "stay young" forever.

[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment