Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Putrid MetroNorth

After moving out to the 'burbs from Manhattan, I'm glad to not have to deal with the NY Subway. Taking the MetroNorth for my daily completely and totally label me to be an adult. No more staying out late and just hopping on a cab and be home in less than 20 minutes, as long as I don't get off the island of Manhattan.

The MetroNorth on most days are fine. I get a seat 99% of the time. The people on the train don't usually look like that just escaped from Bellvue. The trains are usually clean and comfortable. Since the train have the toilets on select cars, some of those cars can get stinky from the patrons taking advantage of the convenience. But, today, the train ride home was just horrible. Less than half way into the ride, the entire car started to smelled like someone has just released himself 2 seats away from me. Even though I was seated at the opposite end of the car, the smell was terrible.

As the ride continued, the smell got worst. By the time I stood up to disembark the train, the stench was unbearable. I had to hold my breath to walk pass the toilet. My recommendation to the MTA, please clean the toilets. My monthly ticket cost $300+. With so many commuters paying such high price, spend some of that on the stinky toilet. And my suggestion to the riders who would do Number 1 and Number 2 on the train, please try to do them before you get on the train. Some people have to waft in your putrid scent for a very long ride home.

[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment