Wednesday, January 9, 2008

$102 a Night

"Man must pay $750K to Spurned Husband" says the headline. (story). The gist of the story is, a Mississippi millionaire business man, Jerry Fitch, must pay the husband of the woman whom he stole away. The price tag, $750K. That amount probably won't make much of a dent in his bank account. Jerry Fitch probably loves her very much to pay that. I also don't question the spurned husband's action to seek revenge. The arcane law that allow a husband to claim monetary compensation for lost of a wife makes me ill. But, what really irk me is the price.

The law that allow this suit to stand is "alienation of affection". In other words, she stopped having sex with the husband, and she's giving it to another man. Now, let's calculate what that $750K means. Looking at the picture, she looks like she's around 40 years old. Jerry Fitch looks to be around 60+. Let me be kind and assume that both of them have 20 good years of sexual life left in them.

20 years = 7300 days

$750K / 7300 days = $102/day

So, assuming that she can have sex everyday for the next 20 years of her life, her performance is worth $102 a day. Not questioning her endurances or her skills, $102 a night is a bit low. If I'm being treated like an property and my worth is calculated by my "affection", I know my "affection" is worth more than $102 a night.

[ad#amazon-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment