Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shutter Island

Shutter IslandShutter Island by Dennis Lehane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Shutter Island the book is just like Shutter Island the movie. Since I saw the movie before reading the book, I was over prepared for the plot's twists and turns. Since the movie was an exact representation of the book, there was nothing new that I found in the book. And, throughout my reading, I saw all the actors' faces. The movie took away the need for my imagination while reading the book. Therefore, Shutter Island the book wasn't as enjoyable as if I didn't watch the movie.
The story is still extremely thought provoking. Mr. Lehane did a great job painting the despair and fear felt by the main character on the island house the dangerous mental patients.



[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment