Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Art of Racing in the RainThe Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a sucker for books with dogs, especially dogs that think and comment on the events around them. And "The Art of Racing in the Rain" has everything I want from a book; dogs, cars, humor, sadness, and wisdom.

The readers are observing the lives of Enzo the dog's humans through Enzo's eyes. He watches the lives of his family through its ups and downs. I felt the happiness Enzo felt. I endured the sadness that he endured. The frustration of not being able to truly communicate with the humans in his life emanated from the pages of the book. I was experiencing everything with Enzo through Mr. Stein's words.

I laughed. I cried. Yup, I'm a sucker for books with dogs.



[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment