Thursday, October 23, 2008

Time to Induce

Our little nugget is around 8 lbs.  Yup, 8 lbs, plus or minus, according to my OB/GYN.  I'm of relatively small  stature.  I'm almost 5 ft 3 inches if I wear thick soled shoes.  I was around 113 lbs before I got  pregnant.  So, my doctor, Evan, and I decided that the best action for me is to induce me early so that the baby doesn't get too big to give birth.  

I'm still shocked that our little nugget got so big.  I was barely gaining weight during the entire pregnancy.  I think I gained a total of 20 lbs.  Apparently, most of that weight went to the little being inside me.  Now, I have to mentally prepare for induction.

I'm not sure what is better, waiting for the surprise contraction or knowing that contraction will most likely start at a set time.  I am definitely starting to stress about the impending induction.  Well, not the induction itself, but the fact that this whole baby thing is real.  The massive stomach, the pain in my back, and the  hormonal cocktail coursing through my body don't make the baby thing real.  But, this, a set time to "get the show on the road", is real.

 

[ad#adsense-1]

1 comment: