Monday, October 20, 2008

Now I Wait

I am now less than 2 weeks away from my due date.  We decided that it's best that I don't make the daily nearly 2-hour long commute into work.    Today, I'm officially working from home while I wait for the "big day".  It felt strange to be working from home.  Not that I haven't done it before.  But this time it is not just for a doctor's appointment or taking care of something near our home.  I'm home getting ready for the ultimate transformation of our lives.  

The nursery is 99% complete.  All the baby clothes and linen have been washed and put away.  The babyseat is installed in the car.  There aren't too many things we can do to prepare for our new arrival.  But, mental preparation still need some work, at least on my part.  

I can feel and see her little feet pushing against my abdomen.  I know she's there and she will come out.  But, a small part of me wish that she stays inside.  As long as she's inside me, I won't have to prepare for her and take care of a brand new human being.

 

[ad#orbitz-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment