Friday, October 21, 2011

Only Time Will Tell

Only Time Will TellOnly Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book had so much promise. I like the writing style, the tone, and the overlapping timeline from chapter to chapter and from person to person to paint a full picture of how events unfolded. It also gave a well-rounded perspective from all the main characters. I was beginning to care about Harry and Emma.
However, the last 50 pages or so felt rushed. Mr. Archer spent so much time and energy describing the emotion and details of the events in the preceding chapters. The last 5 chapters felt like he just wanted to end the book and start on the next one.
Also, I felt manipulated by the way the book ended. It was worst then seeing the "...to be continued" words on the TV after watching an hour long drama show. I guess Mr. Archer thinks that I've already spent time reading the 400+ words novel, I will seek out the next book. But, I have no inclination to do so. It's not that I don't want to find out what happened, I just don't want to be manipulated into doing so.



[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment