Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Efficient Gifts



It's just a couple of days before Christmas, and we are still trying to finish up with the gift buying. Gifts for all the kids are taken cared of, its the adults that we are still working on. The Asian in me still believe giving money as gifts is not a taboo. The amateur economist in me also believe in the efficiency of giving cash as gifts. There is no worry of friction and loss of value. I have gotten my share of bad gifts that fills half of my closet. I can't really return them for money for fear that I have to produce that gift on request. A quick mental calculation put the original cash value of the gifts at approximately $400. Not much money by any stretch, but that could almost pay for my current favorite toy, the iPad. Or the $400 could pay for a decent telescope.

[ad#amazon-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment