Friday, November 23, 2007

Flushing, Queens, NY

Okay, Flushing, Queens is not quite a travel destination by any means. But, traveling is a method to experience different culture and a way to be outside of one's comfort zone. And, Flushing Queens definitely fit the bill. Even though I grew up in Flushing, I've moved away from that area for nearly 20 years. So, every time I visit Flushing, it's like going to a new place.

Well, today is the first Saturday after Thanksgiving. That's the day my family gather in my grandmother's house for a whirlwind lunch. Everyone show up, set out the food, sit around the table, eat, chit-chat, and we are out. All within 2 hours. None of the niceties like Evan's family. No bother with the hors d'Oeuvres, no liquor, no hours of catching up. It's a different culture.

Exactly what a quick jaunt to a new culture is suppose to be.

[ad#amazon-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment