Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Apologies from Jet Blue



Jet Blue Letter

 I'm so special. Today, I received a personal apology letter from David Neeleman, Founder and CEO of Jet Blue. He apologized for the delay and the inconvenience his company caused me over the Valentine's Day flight delay in the Northeast that cascaded to the rest of the country.Â

Okay, it wasn't really a personal letter. It's a form letter sent out to everyone who belongs to the Jet Blue database. I and about several million people received the letter. Jet Blue's attempt at winning back their customer and rebuilding their brand and reputation has been a big talking point on many cable news and business new channels.Â

 Personally, I appreciate Jet Blue's effort. I wasn't effected by the delay since I was no where near an airport during Valentine's Day and the days after. I did read about the passengers' account of being stuck in the sweltering plane sitting on the tarmac for 10 hours. I can empathize. I was stuck in a plane for extra 3 hours circling the San Francisco airport because there was cloud cover over the landing strip. A cloud! A cloud stopping a 747 from landing, sure. I don't remember what airline I was on, but it didn't apologize or make any effort to ease my dislike of it.Â

 I have always like Jet Blue's service and value. Although heir effort to clean up their tarnished reputation has an eye on the bottom line, I'm appreciative of their effort. Not too many companies take the extra steps to make me (their customer) feel important. And, it worked. I will continue to include Jet Blue in the pool of airlines to use whenever I need to travel.Â

[ad#adsense-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment